Top 10 Women’s Health Companies | Medical and Wellness Concerns
At Market.us Scoop, we strive to bring you the most accurate and up-to-date information by utilizing a variety of resources, including paid and free sources, primary research, and phone interviews. Our data is available to the public free of charge, and we encourage you to use it to inform your personal or business decisions. If you choose to republish our data on your own website, we simply ask that you provide a proper citation or link back to the respective page on Market.us Scoop. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to provide valuable insights for our audience.
Table of Contents
Women’s Health Market Overview
Women’s health encompasses various medical and wellness concerns unique to females throughout their lives. This includes matters related to reproductive health, pregnancy, and childbirth, and the management of conditions such as breast cancer, gynecological issues, menopause, and hormonal imbalances. Additionally, women’s health well-being encompasses mental health, dietary considerations, and overall physical health.
Key components involve regular health check-ups, ensuring access to contraception, and providing family planning services. The promotion of women’s health involves the dissemination of knowledge, early identification of health problems, and tailoring of healthcare interventions to empower women to lead healthy lives while enabling them to make well-informed decisions concerning their bodies and reproductive choices.
The women’s health sector experiences significant growth due to various influential factors. Key drivers include the increasing awareness and advocacy for women’s health concerns, coupled with improved accessibility to healthcare services. Advancements in medical technology, particularly in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions like breast cancer and reproductive health, contribute substantially to the expansion of this market.
Moreover, changing demographics characterized by an aging population and evolving lifestyles contribute to a rising demand for women’s health services and products. Notably, pharmaceutical innovations, such as hormone therapy, contraception, and treatments for menopausal symptoms, also considerably impact the market’s expansion. In summary, the women’s health market growth results from a combination of medical advancements, demographic shifts, and heightened recognition of the distinct healthcare needs of women’s health.
The global Women’s Health and Beauty Supplements Market, valued at USD 54.5 billion in 2022, is forecasted to reach USD 89.3 billion by 2032, with an expected CAGR of 5.20% from 2023 to 2032.
Women’s Health Market Key Players
|Key Management||Stephen P. MacMillan (Chairman, President, CEO|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$4.86 billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 6,944 (2022)|
Hologic, Inc., founded in 1985 by S. David Ellenbogen, is a globally recognized leader in women’s health and medical imaging. With over three decades of experience, the company specializes in providing innovative medical devices and diagnostic solutions to improve women health.
They are known for their pioneering work in breast health, offering cutting-edge mammography systems and 3D breast tomosynthesis technology, which have significantly enhanced the accuracy of breast cancer screening.
Hologic also excels in cervical health, offering HPV testing and Pap smear solutions, and plays a vital role in bone health with its products for osteoporosis assessment. Their commitment to research and development ensures that their offerings continue to advance early disease detection and enhance healthcare outcomes for women’s health worldwide.
Hologic, Inc. maintains a worldwide footprint, conducting business in numerous countries across the globe, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and various other regions.
- In March 2021, Hologic purchased Diagenode, a privately owned European company specializing in molecular diagnostic assays and epigenetics products, for around $159 million. This acquisition broadened and diversified Hologic’s diagnostic business, encompassing a wider range of tests, customer groups, and geographic regions.
- In January 2021, Hologic successfully finalized the purchase of SOMATEX, a well-known firm specializing in biopsy site markers and localization technologies, for $64 million. This strategic step not only expanded Hologic’s portfolio of breast health solutions but also enhanced its market presence in Europe, thereby reinforcing the company’s standing within the industry.
|Key Management||Joaquin Duato (Chairman & CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$94.94 billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 130,000 (2022)|
About Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson, founded in 1886 by James Wood Johnson, Robert Wood Johnson, and Edward Mead Johnson, is a highly regarded American multinational corporation headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey. With a lengthy history spanning over a century, the company operates in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, providing a diverse range of products, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and consumer health goods.
This wide-ranging product portfolio establishes Johnson & Johnson as a significant contributor to advancing healthcare and improving the well-being of individuals worldwide. Throughout its extensive and esteemed history, the company has consistently emphasized innovation, research, and responsible business practices, firmly cementing its position as a leading and reputable presence in the healthcare industry.
Johnson & Johnson maintains an extensive worldwide footprint, conducting business through operations and subsidiaries in numerous countries, such as the United States, Switzerland, India, China, Brazil, and more, affirming its global reach and influence.
- In December 2022, Johnson & Johnson completed its acquisition of Abiomed, a leading provider of heart recovery solutions. This strategic step aimed to expand Johnson & Johnson’s footprint in the fast-growing cardiovascular sector and bolster its global Biosense Webster electrophysiology business by incorporating heart recovery solutions.
- In November 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced its plan to divide its Consumer Health business into a new publicly traded company. This separation allows both entities to concentrate on distinct business strategies and intensify their endeavors for growth.
|Key Management||Richard A. Gonzalez (Chairman and CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$58.05 billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 50,000 (2023)|
Founded in 2013 following its separation from Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc. is a prominent pharmaceutical company headquartered in North Chicago, Illinois. Despite its relatively recent establishment, AbbVie has rapidly emerged as a major player in the global healthcare and pharmaceutical sector. The company is highly regarded for its steadfast commitment to tackling intricate healthcare challenges and enhancing the well-being of patients.
AbbVie boasts a comprehensive portfolio that spans various medical domains, including immunology, oncology, neurology, and gastroenterology, among others. In a comparatively short period, AbbVie has demonstrated its dedication to scientific innovation, extensive research initiatives, and ethical business practices, solidifying its reputation as a respected and influential presence within the pharmaceutical industry.
AbbVie Inc. operates globally, with offices and facilities in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East, in addition to its North Chicago, Illinois, headquarters.
- In January 2023, AbbVie Inc. announced a collaboration with Anima Biotech to investigate and advance mRNA biology modulators focusing on oncology and immunology goals.
- In January 2023, AbbVie Inc. disclosed a strategic alliance with Immunome to discover numerous fresh targets within the realm of oncology.
|Key Management||Albert Bourla (CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$100.3 billion(2022)|
Founded in 1849 by cousins Charles Pfizer and Charles Erhart, Pfizer Inc. is a prominent American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City. With a history of over 170 years, Pfizer has evolved into a leading name in the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. The company is renowned for its steadfast dedication to advancing healthcare through groundbreaking medicines and vaccines.
Pfizer maintains a diverse portfolio that encompasses a wide range of therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular health, oncology, immunology, and the treatment of rare diseases. Throughout its long history, Pfizer has consistently led scientific research, striving to improve human health and overall well-being. The company’s groundbreaking achievements, such as developing transformative medications like penicillin and Viagra, have left an enduring impact on the healthcare field, firmly establishing Pfizer as a trailblazer in the pharmaceutical industry.
Pfizer Inc. maintains a worldwide presence, conducting operations in numerous countries across the globe, including but not limited to the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, China, India, Brazil, and others. Pfizer’s global reach encompasses multiple regions, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- In July 2023, Pfizer joined Flagship Pioneering in a collaboration that earmarked $100 million to research and develop up to ten potential medications. These pharmaceuticals will address various medical areas, including internal medicine, oncology, infectious diseases, and immunology.
- In March 2023, Pfizer announced its dedication to a definitive merger agreement with Seagen Inc., involving an investment of approximately $43 billion. This partnership aims to combat cancer collectively.
|Key Management||David A. Ricks (Chair, President, & CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$28.54 billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 39,000 (2022)|
Founded in 1876 by Colonel Eli Lilly in Indianapolis, Indiana, Eli Lilly and Company is a well-established American pharmaceutical corporation with a remarkable history spanning over 150 years. Headquartered in Indianapolis, it has grown into a prominent global player in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Eli Lilly and Company are highly regarded for their steadfast commitment to scientific innovation and the development of cutting-edge medications. They boast an extensive portfolio encompassing many therapeutic areas, including diabetes, oncology, neuroscience, and immunology. Throughout its history, the company has consistently led scientific research and remains dedicated to improving human health and well-being.
Indianapolis, Indiana-based pharmaceutical firm Eli Lilly and Company operates in 18 nations, which include its main headquarters. Their products are available in around 125 countries across the world.
- In August 2023, Eli Lilly and Company completed its acquisition of DICE Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company employing its proprietary DELSCAPE technology platform to create innovative oral treatments in the field of immunology.
- In June 2023, Eli Lilly and Company, in partnership with Pfizer, entered into a gene therapy agreement to obtain a set of preclinical gene therapies designed for rare diseases, demonstrating their commitment to advancing the next generation of genomic treatments.
|Key Management||Mr. Bernd Montag (CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$22.7 Billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 69,500 (2022)|
Siemens Healthineers, a subsidiary of Siemens AG, has been around since 1847 and is headquartered in Erlangen, Germany. What they do is impressive – they focus on creating, designing, developing, and distributing various healthcare systems. These include diagnostic imaging, clinical, workflow, and minimally invasive systems.
Their lineup of products is extensive and includes ultrasound systems, magnetic resonance imaging systems, point-of-care testing systems, hybrid operating rooms, angiography systems, molecular imaging systems, computed tomography systems, mobile C-arms, and X-ray equipment. They offer a broad spectrum of services that cater to various players in the healthcare field, including labs, clinics, hospitals, healthcare systems, doctors, public health organizations, universities, private health insurers, pharmaceutical companies, and clinical research labs.
The company maintains a global presence with offices and branches in various regions, including Europe, the United States, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia-Pacific.
- In May 2023, Siemens Healthineers revealed a new 10-year strategic partnership agreement with SSM Health aimed at enhancing access to quality healthcare and training.
- In May 2023, Siemens Healthcare made a significant investment of EUR 80 million in a new crystal cultivation factory in Forchheim to support the production of semiconductor chips.
|Key Management||Mr. Geoff Martha (Chairman & CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||31.6 Billion(in 2022)|
Medtronic, founded in 1949 by Earl Bakken and Palmer Hermundslie, calls Dublin, Ireland, its home and is proud to have a workforce of over 95,000 dedicated employees. The company is deeply rooted in the development, design, manufacturing, and promotion of medical devices and solutions. What sets Medtronic apart is its extensive range of products, each tailored to address a wide spectrum of medical conditions.
They’ve got treatments for aortic and heart failure, solutions for spine and musculoskeletal disorders, interventions for heart valve issues, therapies for diseases affecting the nose, throat, and ear, remedies for peripheral vascular conditions, support for neurological disorders, and interventions for venous renal disorders. Not stopping there, they also offer solutions for the orthopedic and dental markets.
The company has a global presence, spanning regions encompassing Asia Pacific, Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, and Africa.
- In September 2023, Medtronic Diabetes achieved CE Mark approval for Simplera™ Continuous Monitoring CGM, featuring a disposable all-in-one design.
- In August 2023, Medtronic received CE Mark approval for its Inceptiv Spinal Cord Stimulator, incorporating closed-loop sensing technology to treat chronic pain.
- In April 2023, Medtronic obtained approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its MiniMed 780G insulin delivery system, which includes meal detection technology.
- In March 2023, Medtronic collaborated with NVIDIA to develop an Artificial Intelligence Platform for Medical Devices, integrating NVIDIA Healthcare and Edge AI technologies into the Medical Device GI Genius Intelligent Endoscopy Module, developed and manufactured by Cosma Pharmaceuticals.
|Key Management||Mr. Roy Jakobs (CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||18.7 Billion(in 2022)|
|Headcount||~ 74,451 (2022)|
Koninklijke Philips N.V., established by Gerard Philips and Anton Philips in 1981, has its headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands. This global technology company is renowned for its expertise in developing and manufacturing medical devices and consumer electronics.
Operating under the name Philips, the company delivers a broad spectrum of products and solutions spanning various sectors. These include enterprise diagnostic informatics, sleep and respiratory care, image-guided therapy, population health management, therapeutic care, ultrasound, diagnostic imaging, connected care informatics, monitoring, and analytics.
Moreover, Philips offers a diverse range of personal care and oral healthcare products. Their lineup encompasses brush heads, power toothbrushes, skincare solutions, maternal and childcare items, breast pumps, trimmers, sterilizers, baby bottles, shavers, hair care products, hair removal solutions, and groomers.
Koninklijke Philips N.V. has a global presence, operating in numerous countries worldwide, including the Netherlands, United States, Germany, China, India, the United Kingdom, France, and more.
- In September 2023, Philips launched the Azurion Lung Edition, a cutting-edge 3D imaging and navigation platform for lung cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- In June 2023, Philips collaborated with Biotronik to expand cardiovascular device options for Philips SymphonySuite customers.
|Key Management||Severin Schwan (Chairman)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$ 71.86 billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 103,613 (2022)|
Roche Holding AG, better known as Roche, is a Swiss multinational corporation deeply entrenched in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector. Founded in 1896 by Fritz Hoffmann-La Roche, it proudly calls Basel, Switzerland, its home. Roche has a heritage that spans well over a century, with a strong legacy firmly rooted in the pharmaceutical arena.
Over the years, Roche has become a global leader, celebrated for its unwavering commitment to pioneering healthcare solutions. The company offers an extensive array of products spanning various medical domains, encompassing fields like oncology, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious diseases.
Throughout its extensive history, Roche has consistently maintained a prominent presence in scientific research, pushing the boundaries to enhance patient care and well-being. Notably, their groundbreaking innovations, particularly in cancer treatment, have left an enduring mark on the healthcare industry, firmly establishing Roche as a trailblazer in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Roche Holding AG (Roche) has a global presence, with operations spanning multiple countries, including Switzerland, the United States, Germany, France, Japan, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, India, Brazil, Australia, Canada, and many others. Roche Holding AG (Roche) has a global presence with operations across regions that encompass North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- In September 2022, Roche took a notable step by agreeing to purchase the U.S. biopharmaceutical firm Good Therapeutics. Under the terms of the agreement, Roche will initiate the acquisition with an initial cash payment of $250 million
|Key Management||Bill Anderson (CEO)|
|Revenue (US$ Bn)||$54.45 billion (2022)|
|Headcount||~ 101,369 (2022)|
Bayer AG stands as a leading multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company, with its headquarters located in Leverkusen, Germany. Boasting a remarkable history that spans over 150 years, Bayer has solidified its position as a prominent player in the realms of healthcare, agriculture, and consumer health. The company’s extensive portfolio covers a wide spectrum, including pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, crop science solutions, and innovative materials.
What sets Bayer apart is its unwavering commitment to research and development, with a clear aim of tackling global challenges in healthcare and agriculture, all while striving to enhance the quality of life for people across the globe. Bayer’s contributions are far-reaching, from pioneering pharmaceutical breakthroughs to innovations in agriculture. This track record firmly establishes Bayer as a trusted and influential presence in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries.
Bayer AG maintains a worldwide presence, conducting operations in numerous countries, including but not limited to Germany, the United States, China, Brazil, France, Canada, India, Japan, and many more. The company’s global reach extends across Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East.
- In April 2023, Bayer concluded the purchase of shares from Bayer Pension Trust, divesting all of its Covestro shares. Additionally, the company finalized the acquisition of Monsanto’s shares, marking a substantial acquisition in the United States.
- In October 2022, Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks joined forces to bolster their presence in agricultural biologicals. Ginkgo Bioworks acquired Bayer’s West Sacramento Biologics R&D site, and together, they focused on projects for crop protection, nitrogen fixation, and carbon sequestration, aiming to advance bio-based solutions for farmers.
He has been helping in business of varied scales, with key strategic decisions. He is a specialist in healthcare, medical devices, and life-science, and has accurately predicted the trends in the market. Anurag is a fervent traveller, and is passionate in exploring untouched places and locations. In his free time, he loves to introspect and plan ahead.
Latest from Author
- End-of-life care Is a Profound and Essential Aspect of Medical Practice
- Diet and Nutrition Apps Has Revolutionized Track their Weight
- Chagas Disease Continues to Pose a Significant Public Health Challenge
- Spa Industry Has Driven by The Increasing Demand for Health, Wellness, And Relaxation Services
- Medical Tourism Has Emerged as A Significant Border to Seek Medical Treatment