Plastic Surgery Has Become Increasingly Popular as Millions Of People Undergoing Procedures
At Market.us Scoop, we strive to bring you the most accurate and up-to-date information by utilizing a variety of resources, including paid and free sources, primary research, and phone interviews. Our data is available to the public free of charge, and we encourage you to use it to inform your personal or business decisions. If you choose to republish our data on your own website, we simply ask that you provide a proper citation or link back to the respective page on Market.us Scoop. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to provide valuable insights for our audience.
“According to Plastic Surgery Statistics, the global aesthetic implants market size is expected to be worth around USD 10 Bn by 2032 from USD 4.8 Bn in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2032.”
Table of Contents
- Worldwide Key Statistics About Plastic Surgery
- Global Aesthetic Implants Market, by Implant Type Statistics
- The Popularity of Plastic Surgery- Region-Wise Statistics
- Prevalence of Plastic Surgery Procedures in Asia Pacific Statistics
- Insights and Trends of Cosmetic Surgery in North America in 2022
- Prevalence of Plastic Surgery Procedures in Latin America Statistics
- Prevalence of Plastic Surgery in Europe Statistics
- COVID-19 Impact on Plastic Surgery Statistics
Worldwide Key Statistics About Plastic Surgery
• The number of surgical procedures rose by 54%, while non-surgical procedures grew by 44%.
• In 2022, there are 30 million aesthetic procedures performed by plastic surgeons, 12.8 million were surgical and 17.6 million were nonsurgical.
• The body procedures increased faster than any other section (+ 63%) compared to 2022, driven by increases in Liposuction (+66%) and abdominoplasties (+49%).
• On average, the cost of a non-surgical procedure increased by 1% and the cost of a surgical procedure increased by 6% in 2022.
• Around 94% of all plastic surgery procedures were performed by women.
• In 2022, there were 360,000 breast augmentations, 148,000 women had removed and replaced implants (+32% compared to 2020), and 71,000 implants that were removed but not replaced (+47%).
• Despite accounting for only 21% of total procedures, 69% of all revenue was attributed to surgical procedures.
• Facial procedures saw a 55% increase in 2022 due to the “Zoom Effect”.
Global Aesthetic Implants Market, by Implant Type Statistics
According to market.us The global aesthetic implants market size is expected to be worth around USD 10 Bn by 2032 from USD 4.8 Bn in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2032.
The Popularity of Plastic Surgery- Region-Wise Statistics
The prevalence of plastic surgery can vary regionally based on factors such as cultural attitudes, socioeconomic status, and access to healthcare. However, plastic surgery has become increasingly popular worldwide in recent years, with a rising number of people seeking this procedure for cosmetic and reconstructive purposes.
Several studies have found that certain plastic surgery procedures are popular in certain regions. For example, rhinoplasty is more common in the Middle East and South Asia, while breast augmentation is more popular in the United States and Brazil. Below are some important key statistics of plastic surgery that provide beneficial insights regarding the prevalence of plastic surgery procedures in a certain region.
Prevalence of Plastic Surgery Procedures in Asia Pacific Statistics
Plastic surgery has become increasingly popular in many countries in the Asia Pacific, particularly for cosmetic purposes. South Korea has the highest rate of plastic surgery per capita in the world.
• The most common plastic surgery procedures in the Asia Pacific region include eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, and liposuction.
• In South Korea, eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty are particularly popular.
• In Japan, breast augmentation is the most common plastic surgery procedure.
• In 2021, there were a total of 2,65,733 cosmetic surgeries done in Japan, among them about 2,43,422 were for face and head surgery, 16,217 for body and extremities surgery, and 6,094 for breast surgery.
• A survey conducted in October 2022 concluded that almost three in four medical aesthetic consumers in China spent between 10,001 and 60,000 yuan annually on treatment and procedures.
• Surgical medical aesthetic procedures remained generally more expensive than non-surgical types such as injections and photorejuvenation.
• About 1.05 million people in China underwent plastic surgeries in 2022, and a majority of them were females under the age of 30 years old.
• The medical aesthetic market in China has turned into a 200-billion-yuan business in 2021 and it is expected to reach 400 billion yuan by 2025.
• According to Citic Securities, China’s plastic surgery market will be worth 1.3 trillion yuan ($192.4 billion) in 2030.
• Between 2016 to 2022, there was an upward push in the number of plastic surgeries at various government hospitals in India.
• JJ Hospital conducted around 13 breast reductions, 127 liposuctions, 23 hair transplants, 12 penis enlargements, and 8 cosmetic breast implant surgeries.
• In 2021, there were around 16.7 thousand foreign patients in the plastic and cosmetic surgery department in South Korea.
• About 19% of foreign patients visited plastic surgery departments in South Korea.
• K-beauty was one of the most popular emerging trends in South Korea.
• In 2014, there were 58 registered plastic surgery specialists are there in Singapore, this number will reach 85 in 2021.
Insights and Trends of Cosmetic Surgery in North America in 2022
• The market size of the plastic surgeon industry is estimated to reach USD 27.1 billion by the end of the year 2023, which is 1.98% more than in 2022.
• Over 491 thousand liposuctions were performed throughout the country in 2021.
• Lipoplasty or liposuction was the most common surgical procedure performed in the United States in 2021 among both women and men.
• The neurotoxin procedures were the most commonly conducted and they produced a revenue of USD 1.1 billion in 2020.
• Cosmetic procedures in the United States produced revenue of USD 9.3 billion in 2020.
• Liposuction was the second most preferred surgical cosmetic procedure in the United States.
• About 19% of U.S. adults have done liposuction surgery.
• About 32% of individuals aged 40 to 54 years performed cosmetic procedures in 2022.
• The average surgeon fee for plastic surgery and cosmetic surgical procedures in the U.S. is around $5,377.
• Anesthesiology fees for plastic surgeries average between $1,000 and $2,000.
• The average non-surgical cosmetic procedure in the U.S. costs a little over $1,100.
• Acellular Dermal Matrix fillers are the most expensive non-surgical cosmetic procedure with an average cost of $2,914.
Prevalence of Plastic Surgery Procedures in Latin America Statistics
The most common plastic surgery procedures in Latin America include breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tucks, and rhinoplasty. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), Brazil was the second highest country in plastic surgery procedures.
• In 2021, Brazil conducted over 1.1 million cosmetic surgeries.
• 15.5% of liposuction surgeries, 14.1% of breast augmentation, and 10.4% of abdominoplasty surgeries are done in Brazil.
• Latin America is one of the most famous regions in medical tourism.
Prevalence of Plastic Surgery in Europe Statistics
Germany, France, Italy, and Turkey are the top countries in plastic surgery. The most common plastic surgery procedures in Europe include breast augmentation, liposuction, nose reshaping (rhinoplasty), and eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
• In 2022, lip fillers were the most popular cosmetic procedure searched online with a monthly search of 23,400.
• In 2022, rhinoplasty was the second most popular cosmetic procedure searched online with a monthly search of 18,100.
• The monthly search for breast enlargement procedures was 12,100 in 2022.
• The monthly search for botox and liposuction was 9,00 and 8,400 respectively in 2022.
COVID-19 Impact on Plastic Surgery Statistics
The COVID-19 pandemic has significant impact on the plastic surgery industry, with many clinics and surgical centers forced to close.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2020, there was a 14% decrease in the number of plastic surgery procedures performed in the United States as compared to previous years.
Also, according to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) in 2020, there was a 25% decrease in the number of cosmetic procedures as compared to previous years.
The number of cosmetic operations in the plastic surgery department of the hospital increased by 49.4% in 2021, compared to 2020.
Top 5 Companies in the Plastic Surgery Industry Which Provide Variety of Products for Plastic Surgery Procedures
- ABBVIE INC.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Stryker Corporation
He has been helping in business of varied scales, with key strategic decisions. He is a specialist in healthcare, medical devices, and life-science, and has accurately predicted the trends in the market. Anurag is a fervent traveller, and is passionate in exploring untouched places and locations. In his free time, he loves to introspect and plan ahead.
Latest from Author
- End-of-life care Is a Profound and Essential Aspect of Medical Practice
- Diet and Nutrition Apps Has Revolutionized Track their Weight
- Chagas Disease Continues to Pose a Significant Public Health Challenge
- Spa Industry Has Driven by The Increasing Demand for Health, Wellness, And Relaxation Services
- Medical Tourism Has Emerged as A Significant Border to Seek Medical Treatment