Anti-Aging Practices and Products Have Gained Popularity Worldwide To Promote Healthy Aging
At Market.us Scoop, we strive to bring you the most accurate and up-to-date information by utilizing a variety of resources, including paid and free sources, primary research, and phone interviews. Our data is available to the public free of charge, and we encourage you to use it to inform your personal or business decisions. If you choose to republish our data on your own website, we simply ask that you provide a proper citation or link back to the respective page on Market.us Scoop. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to provide valuable insights for our audience.
“According to Market.us, the global anti-aging products market value was USD 43.8 billion in 2022, and the market is expected to grow at a revenue of USD 82.4 billion by 2032. The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.7% (2022-2032)”
Table of Contents
Anti-Aging Key Statistics Worldwide
- According to Anti-aging Statistics, It is expected that the number of people 60 years and older will grow by 56% (963 million) to 1.4 billion by 2030.
- The global population of older people will more than double to 2.1 billion.
- The number of older people is growing faster than the number of people at younger ages.
- The number of persons 60 years and older will grow faster in developing countries.
- Between 2017 and 2050, the number of persons aged 60 years and older in developing regions is expected to increase to 1.7 million.
- In 2017, there are 1 in 8 people worldwide was aged 60 and over.
- It is expected that in 2050, there will be 1 in 6 people aged 60 and over.
Global Anti-Aging Market Statistics
People worldwide are more inclined to look beautiful to create their unique identity in society. The social concerns about physical appearance are typically much more for girls as compared to boys in almost every society. The cosmetic industry is taking much more advantage of this persona. This statistic shows the anti-aging market forecast from 2021-2027.
- In 2021, the global anti-aging market accounted for a revenue of USD 67.2 billion, and the market is expected to reach a revenue of USD 71.7 billion at the end of the year 2023.
- It is estimated that the market will grow at a revenue of USD 93.1 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR 2021-2027) of 7%.
Anti-Aging Statistics- By Type
Anti-Aging Skin Care Statistics
It involves a variety of products, treatments, and practices specially designed to address the signs of aging in the skin such as wrinkles, fine lines, loss of elasticity, age spots, and dullness of the skin.
- The global skincare market revenue is USD 155.70 billion in 2023, and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR (2023-2027) of 3.91%.
- North America is dominant in the global skincare market which holds lucrative revenue of USD 21.09 billion.
- By 2023, 72% of sales in the Skin Care segment will be attributable to Non-Luxury goods.
- Americans are spending about USD 322.88 Bn every year on skincare.
- California is the state most invested in their skincare routine.
- Classic serum, toner, and retinol are America’s all-time favorite skincare products.
- The revenue of the skincare market in China is USD 16.79 billion in 2023, and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.75% (2023-2027).
- The revenue of the skincare market in Belgium is USD 693.80 million in 2023, and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.41% (2023-2027).
Anti-Aging & Plastic Surgery Statistics
In recent years, plastic surgery has become increasingly popular worldwide, with millions of people undergoing procedures each year. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 17 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States alone in 2022. Plastic surgery plays an important role in addressing certain aspects of anti-aging by providing surgical interventions to improve or rejuvenate specific areas of the face or body.
Insights and Trends of Cosmetic Surgery in North America in 2022
- The market size of the plastic surgeon market is estimated to reach USD 27.1 billion by the end of the year 2023, which is 1.98% more than in 2022.
- Over 491 thousand liposuctions were performed throughout the country in 2021.
- Lipoplasty or liposuction was the most common surgical procedure performed in the United States in 2021 among both women and men.
- The neurotoxin procedures were the most commonly conducted and they produced a revenue of USD 1.1 billion in 2020.
- Cosmetic procedures in the United States produced revenue of USD 9.3 billion in 2020.
- Liposuction was the second most preferred surgical cosmetic procedure in the United States.
- About 19% of U.S. adults have had liposuction surgery.
- About 32% of individuals aged 40 to 54 years performed cosmetic procedures in 2022.
- The average surgeon fee for plastic surgery and cosmetic surgical procedures in the U.S. is around $5,377.
(Source: IBIS World)
Anti-Aging Statistics- By Country
The United States has a significant market for anti-aging products, including skincare, supplements, and cosmetic procedures. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures like Botox and dermal fillers have been on the rise in the United States.
The skincare market in the United States accounted for revenue of USD 17.6 billion in 2020. Facial cleansers and acne treatments are the two most selling products in the United States selling 304 million and 85 million respectively.
The average age at which U.S. Women first tried anti-aging products, by age
- About 37% of women in the United States use anti-aging creams and serums.
- The use of anti-aging products is more common among women aged 55 years and above. 47% of women aged 55 years and above in the United States tried anti-aging products.
- 39% of women in the United States aged 45 to 54 years used anti-aging products in 2022.
- About 32% of women in the United States aged 35 to 44 years used anti-aging products at least once in 2022.
- 26% of women in the United States aged 25 to 34 years used anti-aging products.
- Only 19% of women aged 18 to 24 years in the United States used anti-aging products.
South Korea is known for its advanced skincare and cosmetic industry, which involves a wide range of anti-aging products and treatments. This is a leading country in innovations in skincare technology such as sheet masks, serums, and creams.
- The revenue of the prestige skincare market in South Korea is USD 0.64 billion in 2023, the market is expected to grow at a revenue of USD 0.84 billion, with a CAGR of 5.69% (2023-2028).
K-Beauty Popularity Worldwide Statistics 2022
Korean beauty products, or K-beauty products have high demand in Korea and other countries across the globe. Skincare routines, which include more than one step, have gained the popularity of Korean beauty products. The demand for K-beauty products is increasing worldwide because of the rising export of beauty products.
- About 46.50% of respondents stated that Korean beauty products were very popular in their country.
- 25.90% of respondents stated that Korean beauty products were very popular in their country.
- About 18.20% of respondents stated that K-beauty products are popular with some enthusiasts.
- 9.40% of respondents stated that not many people in their country consume Korean beauty products.
He has been helping in business of varied scales, with key strategic decisions. He is a specialist in healthcare, medical devices, and life-science, and has accurately predicted the trends in the market. Anurag is a fervent traveller, and is passionate in exploring untouched places and locations. In his free time, he loves to introspect and plan ahead.
Latest from Author
- End-of-life care Is a Profound and Essential Aspect of Medical Practice
- Diet and Nutrition Apps Has Revolutionized Track their Weight
- Chagas Disease Continues to Pose a Significant Public Health Challenge
- Spa Industry Has Driven by The Increasing Demand for Health, Wellness, And Relaxation Services
- Medical Tourism Has Emerged as A Significant Border to Seek Medical Treatment