What is Andy Serkis Net Worth?
Andy Serkis Net Worth is US$ 18 Million as of 2022.
|Net worth||US$ 18 Million|
|Born||April 20, 1964 (58 Years)|
|Country of origin||Ruislip, United Kingdom|
|Source of wealth||Actor, Voice Actor, Author, Film Director, and Film Producer.|
|Famous for||Serkis rose to prominence with his subsequent motion-capture appearances in King Kong, Planet of the Apes, TinTin, and the Star Wars sequel trilogy.|
Table of Contents
Serkis was born in Ruislip Manor, Middlesex, on April 20, 1964 (now within Greater London). He grew up in Ruislip, England, and Baghdad, Iraq. Lylie Weech, his mother, was half Iraqi and half English and taught especially abled children. Clement Serkis, his father, was an Iraqi-Armenian gynecologist. Andy Serkis has a net worth of $18 million as a British actor, director, and author. He is most known for the role of Gollum in the “Lord of the Rings” films, in which he used CGI motion-capture technology to execute practically the whole part.
Serkis later repeated this role in the spin-off film series “The Hobbit” and has starred in several other films, primarily as CGI figures. He portrayed King Kong in the 2005 film of the same name, Caesar in “Planet of the Apes,” Captain Haddock in “The Adventures of TinTin,” Supreme Leader Snoke in “Star Wars,” and several more characters.
Started acting in 1980 with small TV series. Serkis had an incredible performance at the Royal Court Theatre. Began appearing in the TV show.
Andy has been in many television shows and films. He took advantage of the occasion to demonstrate that he was a worthy member of the performing business.
Andy Serkis spent the vast majority of his time in New Zealand. He performed significant studies and had to shoot two versions of every scene in which he was involved.
Praised for his role in the film “King Kong.” He was nominated for a BAFTA for his portrayal of the serial murderer.
He also appeared in a television show. He also provided the voice for a key character in the game, ‘Risen.’
It has been revealed that he will reprise his role. He’ll be playing Baloo in ‘The Jungle Book.’
Andrew Clement Serkis was born in Ruislip Manor, Middlesex, England, on April 20, 1964. Andy, raised by an Armenian doctor and an English teacher, spent his vacations in the Middle East with his siblings. Before attending Lancaster University, Serkis participated in a Roman Catholic school. Andy studied visual arts and drama at university before graduating in 1985. He also became involved with the university’s radio station and wrote several plays. Serkis started playing prominent roles in school plays before the end of his first year at university. This persuaded him to switch his major to acting. He went on to study Konstantin Stanislavski and Bertolt Brecht while also minoring in painting and visual arts.
Serkis had transformed a graphic book into a one-person show after his tenure at Lancaster University, which he presented to critical acclaim. After graduating from university, he pursued acting training at Duke’s Playhouse. During this period, he appeared in various plays, including Shakespeare and Brecht.
- Serkis began his acting career at Duke’s Playhouse in Lancaster, where he earned his Equity card. After getting the card, he appeared in several plays under the direction of Jonathan Petherbridge.
- He landed his first significant theatre role in 1989 when he was cast in a Macbeth production at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre. His involvement with the theatre lasted throughout his career, with appearances in plays such as ‘She Stoops to Conquer,’ ‘Your Home in the West,’ and ‘True Nature of Love.’
- Serkis first appeared as Peter Moran in the TV series ‘The New Statesman’ in 1989. In the same year, he appeared as Sparky Plugg in ‘Morris Minor’s Marvellous Motors’ and as Dudin in ‘Saracen.’ He was also cast in the critical recurring role of Owen in the British TV drama ‘Streetwise.’
- Serkis went on to feature in a variety of TV episodes while continuing to work in theatre throughout the 1990s. In ‘The Bill,’ he portrayed Dean Platt and Alex Rackin. He next played Pyotr in the series Grushko,’ and Tom in the criminal series ‘Finney,’ which aired in 1994.
- Andy Serkis’ reputation skyrocketed in 1999 when he was cast to play Gollum in ‘The Lord of the Rings.’ He played the same character in films.
- In 2015, he played Supreme Leader Snoke in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens,’ and he repeated his triumph. He will now reprise his part in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi,’ which will be released later this year. He was highly praised for his performance as Caesar in ‘War for the Planet of the Apes.’
- It has been reported that he will reprise his role as Supreme Leader Snoke in the upcoming 2019 film ‘Star Wars: Episode IX,’ and that he will also play the key role of Ulysses Klaue in the forthcoming 2018 film ‘Black Panther.’
- He launched his first directorial debut, ‘Breathe,’ on October 27, 2017, under his own production company, ‘The Imaginarium Studios.’ He is also hard at work on his second directorial project, ‘The Jungle Book,’ in which he will portray Baloo.
- At the 2003 Saturn Awards, Andy Serkis received Best Supporting Actor for ‘The Lord of the Rings. In 2012, he won the prize again for ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes.’
- He and the ensemble of ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King earned the award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the 2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- He also won Best Actor at the 2010 Evening Standard British Film Awards for ‘Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll.’
- He earned the Best Actor Award at the Empire Awards in 2015 for the ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.’
Key life lessons from Andy Serkis
- Stay happy n healthy.
- Be aware of your responsibilities
- Create an atmosphere where people value you
- Take small steps to success
Favorite Quotes from Andy Serkis
“Be magnificent. Life’s short. Get out there. You can do it. Everyone can do it. Everyone.”~ Andy Serkis
“I don’t see a difference between playing a performance capture role and a live-action role, they’re just characters to me at the end of the day, and I’m an actor who wants to explore those characters in fantastically written scripts. The only caveat is a good story is a good character.”~ Andy Serkis
“My agent told me they were casting for the voice of Gollum. I hadn’t read The Lord of the Rings, but I read the script and realized what an amazing role it was. I developed a voice for the audition tape, then met Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh at the auditions and fell in love with them both.”~ Andy Serkis
“We’re live in a world that has, in many ways, become desensitized and unable to empathize with other cultures and species. The dangerous part is that we objectify others and have somehow removed ourselves, mentally, from the very planet we inhabit.”~ Andy Serkis
Frequently Asked Questions
Andy’s net worth is US$ 18 Million.
Currently, he is 58 years old as of 2022.
Andy’s height is 5 ft. 8 in.
Andy Serkis has a net worth of $18 million as a British actor, director, and author. Andy is most known for his portrayal of Gollum in the “Lord of the Rings” films, in which he used CGI motion-capture technology to execute practically the whole part. Serkis later repeated this role in the spin-off film series “The Hobbit,” He has starred in many other films, primarily as CGI figures. He portrayed King Kong in the 2005 film of the same name, Caesar in “Planet of the Apes,” Captain Haddock in “The Adventures of TinTin,” Supreme Leader Snoke in “Star Wars,” and several more characters.